Sunday, December 28, 2008
Update on Dad
Dad is looking incredible! Just hours after the surgery we all thought he looked almost 20 years younger! He was doing better then most doctors have seen their transplant patients doing. He went home on Sunday, but he is really feeling the pain now. His first few days were great, but it is catching up to him. The other hard thing about Dad is that he has no immune system. That means that he can't go in public for months, you can't touch him or even come around him if you even have a small sniffle. That will sure be hard on my very social father! Jami will be in the hospital until atleast Monday because her body is going through so much. Thanks to everyone for the many prayers offered!
Posted by Kevin, Michelle and Jamin Gilbert at 2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I am glad to hear that your dad is doing so well. I hope Jami gets feeling better real soon to! Your family is always in my thoughts! Thanks for keeping me updated.
Michelle,
I am so glad things are going well. I have been so worried about you emotionally and your father physically. I love you both. I've been thinking for a while that I need to tell your dad what an impact he's made on my life, but I haven't gotten around to it. He probably doesn't remember me, but please let him know that he is in my prayers. I love you so much and am so happy for all of you! Hope Jami gets feeling better soon.
Love always,
Claire Ferrin <3
Thanks for keeping us posted. I kept thinking of you guys last Tues & wondering how things went. I hope to see you guys soon (I will wait until things settle down a bit).
Love ya!!!
Your dad looks so much better in this picture than the last time I saw him. I hope that everything will continue to go well for your family.
Thank you for your wonderful postings. It is nice to know how things are going.
We love you and your family. I hope 2009 will bring you and your family lots of laughter and joy.
love,
The Durrans gang
Post a Comment