CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cloth Diapers




I know that some of you are going to roll your eyes and think that I am on one of my crazy "health" kicks, but Kevin and I are going to use cloth diapers for this baby. I know what people say about cloth diapers. I was raised with them and have heard horror stories of leaks, messy clean-ups and poking baby with the saftey pins, but that is all a thing of the past. Cloth diapers are ADORABLE! They are easy to use, and not too much of a pain to clean. I am actually very excited to use them. Not only are they less expensive, but they have lots of health benefits for the baby and the environment!
Here is where I need you. I don't have any experience using these new cloth wonders, so I need to know if any of you have used them, or if you know of anyone that has. I would like to know what types of diapers people like, what brand, and what they thought of the whole process. Any advice would be super helpful! Thanks!

7 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

You should email my cousin Jennie. She loves using cloth diapers and loves talking about it. And she's done a lot of research. Her email address is JennieSleight@gmail.com

Jess & Jessica said...

We thought about doing this for babies first couple months of life, until their poop gets real bad. Maybe the next one we will try it on. I hate knowing that there are so many diapers sitting in the land fields, for years, waiting to break down. Anyway, in my bradley class a couple did a report on "G" diapers. They found some good info on them. Initially they were expensive, but in the long a little cheaper. :) You'll have to let me know how it goes.

Ashley said...

My friend has just started using them. You can read about her experiences here:
http://thewirthlins.blogspot.com/2010/05/cloth-diapers-beginning.html
or here:
http://thewirthlins.blogspot.com/2010/05/cloth-week-2.html
Good luck!

Elizabeth Reid said...

I have no advice whatsoever to give. I've never used them. However, the pictures are really cute! And babies have used cloth diapers for centuries and have turned out healthy and fine. And after the whole Pampers fiasco....cloth is sounding good right about now!

Jami Biorge said...

Good luck with this one. I'm not changing your baby's bum!!!

Anonymous said...

My sister used them exclusively with child number one. Cloth in number two and is expecting number three. I changed plenty of them and didn't mind at all. I'll ask what kind they are - if I'm not mistaken, they're European.

Shanna said...

Hey, did you make your blog private add me I love to read it forsythclan@yahoo.com thanks shanna