This is for those of you who keep asking about my parents status. On Saturday night my dad went into the ER knowing that his appendix was rupturing. Doctors confirmed his diagnosis, but it wasn't until Sunday afternoon that Dad was able to receive his appendectomy. Because the sugery was done through laproscopy, Dad was able to return home Sunday night. While all of this was going on, Kevin and I were in Provo. Dad was in Ogden at the hospital, so we decided to drive up and see how he was doing. On our way there we decided to stop in and see how Mom was doing. She had been experiencing some leakage from her sugery a few weeks ago. This meant that she couldn't be with my Dad at the hospital. When we got to her house we saw that she was leaking lots and lots of CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid). We decided that she needed to find out what was happening, but we had to take her to the University of Utah hospital. Kevin, Jamin, Laura Ashley and I took Mom to the ER. We were there all afternoon waiting to find out that she would need another sugery, and that she would have to stay at the hospital for a mimimum of 3-4 days. Because my Dad was recovering from his own sugery, I decided to stay with Mom. So, here I am at the hospital. Mom had her sugery yesterday (Dad joined me in the waiting room even though he should have been home in bed!). Her sugery went better then expected. They found out that her wound did not want to heal and adhere to the artificial collagen that they used in the first sugery. They took out her own tissue to use instead, and it looks like things will be better this time. The doctors are draining her CSF for a few days, so for now, my life is a hospital one. I sure miss my boys, but I am blessed that I am able to be here with my wonderful Mom. Please keep them in your prayers!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Your poor parents! Yikes. It was a good thing you 'just happened' to be there when they needed help. I think Someone was helping them through you.
Oh wow!! I had no idea!!!! Our prayers are with you all!!!!! It has been so long since I have caught up with you!!! How was your move???? I hope that we will get to see you for the holidays!!!! LOVE ya,
Kerrian
Post a Comment