Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the premier for the Movie "Emma Smith: My Story" with my family. We were able to attend with many of the cast, orchestra, and choir members. Merrill Jenson was there along with the Julia Murdock and Joseph Smith Jr. decendants. The premier opened with a prayer, song and a short introduction to many of the people who worked on the film. We heard stories and miracles. I don't know if it was because of the setting that we were in when we watched the film, but I was very touched. The spirit was so strong! I have always had a great admiration for Emma, and watching the movie only strengthend it. My testimony increased. I am so greatful for Emma and the many sacrifices she went through for the progression of the gospel. I love her for her strength. I hope that all of you will go and support this wonderful film. It is not Hollywood, but if you attend in the right spirit, I know that you will also be touched.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow I am pretty Jealous! I wish I could have been there! I don't know if you know this, but Im a decendent of Hyrum and so last year I went to the Joseph Smith Sr family reunion. The woman who played Emma came a personally sang the song that she had written for the film. I can't wait to see the movie too.
what a great opportunity to go and see that film. I was curious and now I know I'll go see it. I had so much fun hanging out with you and your family last saturday, you guys are sooo great!
Post a Comment